Today we set up a model of most of the internal electronics of the camera using an external power source. The external power source we used was a variable power output unit. We dialed it in to 5 volts and both of the pis and the display screen worked perfectly. I also figured out how a step up converter works. It raises the voltage and lowers the current of electricity to maintain constant power and raise the voltage. This explained why the old battery wasn't working properly, because after the step up conversion it was pumping just over 1 amps of electricity. This is how the new battery is different from the old one. Theoretically it should have a maximum amperage of 4.6 or so amps after the step up conversion.