Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 23 - 25 end of week 5

I was in the adirodacks visiting family and not at work for these days but I checked in on the presentation and script over wifi once a day.

Day 22

Today we created most of the presentation from based off the outline we wrote. We also created a script of things to talk about with each slide. The script wont be used for the presentation but it is a way for us to gather our thoughts for the first few dry runs of the presentation. We are trying to use as few words as possible for the presentation to make it as visual as possible and keep it interesting.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 21

Today I did a few minor troubleshooting things with the hardware and exchanged a few cables for ones that would work better. we also began working on the Powerpoint presentation for our talk on the 14th. We also came as close as  we have come to taking our first anaglyph. something was wrong with the processing and one of the images ended up flipped but we took two pictures and merged the red and blue/green channels to make an anaglyph form image.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 20

The first thing I did today was I shortened a usb extension cable that was needed to have the usb port at the edge of the case. Without it the usb port would have been too far inside the case to plug anything into so the extender makes the usb port usable. Also the new step up converter arrived today so I soldered that into place. The new step up converter can supposedly handle up to two amps of current so theoretically it should work for our system which pulls around 1.4 amps. We set up a prototype of our camera and the power system worked for about 15 minutes and that is the extent of testing we have done.